Monday, May 31, 2004

My therapist doesn't like it, but....

My therapist (who will henceforth be known as "Doc") has instructed me to keep a diary of my life, and to write in it once per day. I am also to read it cover to cover once per week.

I told him I might try to do a blog instead of a written diary, and he didn't seem very keen. Fuck him.

Let me just cut to the chase.

I am a 33-year-old white male. I am a high-level executive for a national insurance company. You've heard the name. I was engaged once, but have never been married and have no kids.

The problem is, I take all kinds of chances with women. Hitting on, and, if successful, having sex with, women I really should steer clear of. Married women. Employees. Young girls. I am just begging for a huge problem. But I love sex, and the thrill and the danger just add to it.

I am reminded of what Robert Downey, Jr. said to the judge after being arrested for drugs, again: "It's like there's a revolver in my mouth and I like the taste of the gunmetal".

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Read on. And be glad it's not you.