Monday, June 27, 2005

I DON'T recommend a singing telegram...

Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 7:22pm
Steve's house

I call Chris.

"Hello?"

"Hey bro!"

"Hey, Steve!"

"I just thought I'd call and find out how you're doing."

"I'm good, Steve."

"Did you talk to Janet?"

"It's ok, man."

"Good. Did you talk to her?"

"I just sat her down and told her that, you know, I was really hurting and I really.... missed her, and, you know, I didn't think I could take it much longer."

"Didn't you mention therapy?"

"Yeah. She FREAKED!"

"Freaked how?"

"She just got hysterical crying. She said she knows that I'm hurting, and she feels terrible. She said I have no idea how much it kills her that I'm unhappy, and she sees how unhappy I am, and she knows it's all her fault-"

"Mm-hmm."

"-and she says she hates herself and she feels like such a failure as a wife."

"Man."

"She says she's just bored and sad most of the time and she hardly ever feels happy anymore."

"So what did you say?"

"I told her she was depressed and she needs help, and I asked her if she would let me get her some help."

"And?"

"She said to give her a little more time, because she wants to try to work it out with just me and her."

"What does THAT mean?"

"She wants to try to get past it without doctors."

"Why? What's the big problem with doctors?"

"I dunno."

"You said she got a physical two months ago, right?"

"Yep."

"Did she freak before that?"

"Nope, she was fine."

"Ahh, so she's not afraid of doctors, just therapists."

"I guess."

"Well, I mean, that's great that she wants to work on it with you, but-"

"I know, I know. I'll keep working on her to go to therapy. She wants to go away this weekend. So we'll see how that goes."

"Let me know."

"I will."

"So what about the whole sex thing?"

"Oh. Well, later that night, she..."

"Had sex with you?"

"Yeah."

"Good sex? Or five minutes and 'get the hell off me'?"

"No, it was fine. Blowjob and everything!"

"No shit!"

"Yep."

"That musta felt good."

"It felt shitty. Almost couldn't get it up."

"Really? Guilty, huh?"

"Yeah. I think I have to tell her about Amanda."