Monday, December 20, 2004

Spin the bottle dice

Saturday, December 11.

"Did you forget?" Stephanie asks.

"Forget what?" I reply.

"I KNEW it!" she smiles. "We have plans with the whole group tonight."

"Oh, THAT."

We are a clique of sorts, the five of us: Me, Steph, Meg, Dom and Heidi. We don't hang out much, but we're always sending funny e-mails around or ringing each other's cell phones to find out how the week is going.

We've been planning this night for quite some time now. Everyone is coming to my place to play trivial pursuit, have a few drinks, and celebrate the holidays.

Stephanie slept over last night. She pretty much lives here on the weekends, but she's always out somewhere studying. And during the week, she's at her apartment, which is a good distance from here, so I actually don't see her as much as you might think. I'm really happy when she is around.

"I was going to offer to help clean up for the party," she says, "and then I realized who I was dealing with."

We both laugh. My house is spotless from top to bottom. It's been decorated for Christmas since the day after Thanksgiving, when I took the well-marked Christmas boxes down from their designated spot in my attic, unpacked wreaths, lights, and decorations, and placed them in their pre-ordained places throughout my house and lawn. There is really nothing to do to get ready, except shop for a few last minute things.

"Oh!" she says. "Heidi was supposed to make her bean dip! I wonder if she remembered!"

She picks up the phone and dials. "Hey. It's Steph. I just-"

Long pause.

"I know, Heidi-"

Long pause. She looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"Heidi, don't worry-"

Pause.

"Heidi! Heidi!" she says, finally. "Two things. First, are you still making your bean dip? Good. Second, here. Talk to Steve."

She hands me the phone, smiling widely. "Talk to her," she says.

"Hey, Heidi!"

"OH my God. Steve, I am stressing!"

"Why?"

"There is this guy in my building? Jamie? And he's like, this perfect guy. He's tall, dark eyes, and he's got this really RUGGED build. He's very RUGGED. And he walks around in all these J. Crew-type sweaters and things, and he says 'hi' to me! Every day! He just, says, 'hi'! And he keeps walking! I'll see him in the laundry room, or in the parking lot, and he never says anything but 'hi'! Why does he do that, Steve? Why doesn't he say anything but 'hi'?"

"I can't really say-"

"So I was thinking, I mean, should I ask him out? I could ask him to the party at your house, right? You wouldn't mind if I asked him over, would you? I mean, I don't think he's gonna tear up the place or something-"

"That's fine."

"Sooooooo, should I ask him out? Should I ask him to your party, or is that too forward, or should I, just, give him my number or something? Does that seem slutty, giving a guy your number, like 'Hey, guy, here's my number'?"

"Ask him to the party."

"But I don't know his name!"

"Introduce yourself."

"What if he says no?"

"Then don't worry about-"

"And what if he says YES? What if he AGREES to come, Steve?"

"Then bring him over."

"Do I drive? Do I let HIM drive? What do I wear? I have NOTHING to wear, Steve!"

"Wear something warm and fuzzy."

"You mean like a sweater?"

"No, like a mop. Of COURSE a sweater. Listen, I gotta go. Let us know how it goes with Mystery Man."

I hang up before she can ask me anything else.

I look at Steph. All we can do is laugh.

**********

7:30. Dom and Meg arrive. Dom's cologne almost knocks me unconscious. "JESUS, man!" I say, waving my hand under my nose.

"I'm competing with you," he smiles, handing me a platter covered in aluminum foil.

Meg kisses me. "Merry Christmas!" she says.

Meg is beautiful. She curled her hair, and she's wearing a tight black skirt with a red sweater, black stockings and matching heels. She's looking extremely do-able tonight.

Steph takes the plate out of my hands and places it on the counter. "I'M the hostess tonight," she says, smiling.

"You two are so funny!" Meg says. "You are so cute!"

Dom grabs my elbow and pulls me gently to the side of the room. "You're making life difficult for me," he says.

"What do you mean?"

"Meg sees how blissful you two are, and she's pushing me to settle down."

"You're shitting me!"

"She keeps saying, 'If STEVE can date one girl exclusively, so can you'."

"Shit!" I say. "I hate how they tell each other everything."

He shrugs. "What are you gonna do? They're best friends."

"What are you two conniving over there?" Meg says.

"We TOTALLY have to watch the two of them when they're together," Steph says.

"Yeah, they're bad news," Meg says, nodding.

"No, Steve knows I trust him," Steph says, smiling at me.

She's wearing a pink short-sleeved mohair sweater and tight jeans. She bends over to pick something up and I stare at her ass, so smooth and round, so perfect-

The doorbell rings. "I'll get it," says Meg.

I hear the door open. Heidi is in mid-sentence. "-I tried the laundry room, I looked all around the parking lot! Everywhere! He's got a Jeep, so I looked all over for the Jeep, and I couldn't find the Jeep! And then I went back to the laundry room, and he wasn't there, and-"

"I'm guessing she's alone," I say to Steph. She laughs.

Heidi looks hotter than I've ever seen her. She's wearing beige slacks and a blue sweater, nothing fancy, really, but everything fits her so perfectly that she looks stunning. Her tits are huge, full and round, and her ass is as ripe as a pair of juicy apples.

"Hey guys!" she smiles. She kisses Dom and I.

"No luck on the guy, eh?" I ask.

"Couldn't find him!" Heidi hands me a slender brown bag. "Merry Christmas, Steve!"

I open the bag. It's a bottle of Jaegermeister. It's so cold that I can barely hold it.

"WOW that's cold!" I say.

"I put it in the freezer! But it doesn't freeze! Isn't that amazing? Alcohol doesn't freeze! Regular soda, or water, would freeze, but-"

Meg hands her a drink.

"We need to chill you out a little bit, hon," Meg says.

**********

It's 10:30. We've played two games of trivial pursuit. I won once, and so did Heidi. We're making everyone else look bad, frankly.

The bottle of Jaeger is empty. So is the Absolut from my fridge, and the white wine that Steph brought. Everyone is fairly smashed.

"Let's play something else!" Heidi says.

"Like what?" says Meg.

"Liiiiiike....no no no, you're gonna think I'm nuts."

"Say it," I say. Why do I get the feeling I'm going to like her idea?

"Let's play spin the bottle," she says. We all burst out laughing.

"We DO have an empty bottle," Dom says.

"Forget the bottle," I say. "We'll use dice."

"DICE?" he says.

"Yeah! You roll the die, and if you roll a one or two you kiss Meg, three and four is Heidi, five or six is.....you roll again!" I say.

We laugh. "No, no, no!" he says. "Five or six, I kiss Stephanie!"

"What about for the girls?" Meg says. "We're not kissing each other!"

"You're not? Damn!" I say. "Actually, we'll do it like this: One through six, you kiss me, seven and up, you kiss Dom."

"But we're only rolling one die!" Heidi says.

"Hey, I tried," I laugh. "OK, one through three is me, four through six, Dom."

"I can't believe we're gonna do this," Meg says. "We are SO loaded."

I have a bad moment as I tear the house apart looking for the die. It's just like when you're about to get laid, and she's on your bed totally naked, and you're scrambling around for a condom, praying she doesn't get up and leave.

I finally dig a die up from an old backgammon set.

Everyone is kneeling around the coffee table. I hand the die to Heidi. "Since it was your idea..." I say.

She rolls a four. "One through three is Steve, right? And four through six is Dom?"

"Yeah." someone says.

We all stare. Are they actually going to do this?

Dom is to her right. She turns to him, and moves in like they are going to make out, but it's just a grandma-style peck on the mouth.

"My turn," Meg says, and rolls a three. That's me!

"OK, who's next!" Dom says. We all laugh.

Meg and I are sitting on opposite sides of the table. She stands up on her knees, grabs the table, and leans in to me.

I like the idea that Dom is watching, that I am about to kiss his girlfriend, that there is sure to be some jealousy there, and that I am the cause of it. I like that Steph is watching, too; I imagine her feeling a mixture of horniness and cattiness, as though she really WANTS to watch but can barely bring herself to do it.

She kisses me long and slow, closing her eyes, savoring it. Her lips taste like root beer. Must be the Jaegermeister, I think.

I am vaguely aware of Dom saying, "Hey, get a room!" The laughter is flowing easily now. Everyone is wasted. Just about anything could happen tonight.

Steph rolls the die. A one.

"Uh-oh," Meg says.

"Hey, am I ever gonna get another turn here?" Dom says.

Steph walks over, straddles my legs, and grabs me by the front of my sweater.

"Whoo-hooo!!" says Heidi.

Steph kisses me dramatically, sliding her full tongue into my mouth, making no effort to hide it. She lowers me down to the floor, then sits up, wiping spit from her bottom lip with her middle finger.

A couple of people hoot and applaud. "We'll finish that later," I say.

"Yes we will," she replies.

Dom's turn. Five. That's Steph's number!

"OO-ooo," says Heidi, quietly. "He's gonna kiss Steve's girlfriend!"

"Do you wanna close your eyes, Steve?" Dom says.

Steph walks over to him on her knees, smiling. She glances over at me, then leans in and kisses Dom full on the mouth.

It seems to last for hours. Dom puts his hand on the small of her back and pulls her close; she doesn't resist.

My stomach burns. For a brief moment, I feel the urge to get up and storm off. Or hit Dom. I cool off quickly, but I'm surprised at how strong my reaction was.

Steph goes back to her seat and smiles at me. "I'm saving the really good kisses for you, sweetie," she says.

"Awwwww," Meg says.

My turn. I roll a three.

Heidi turns red. She looks over at Steph, as if seeking permission.

"Kiss him," Steph says.

Heidi scoots over to me on her knees and I sit up straight to meet her. She throws her arms around my neck and gives me one of the best kisses I have ever had.

She presses her soft, wet lips against mine, just firmly enough to make me notice. I can feel her tits pressing against me, big and firm, just like I thought they would be. I am surprised at how much she is turning me on.

I'm even more surprised when she sticks her tongue in my mouth.

"OH MY GOD!" Meg says.

"HEYY!" says Steph. I can't tell if she's kidding or not.

We separate quickly, and Heidi sits back down. There's a long, awkward silence.

"I made out with the big boss," Heidi says, almost whispering.

We laugh, and everything is ok again.