Thursday, October 28, 2004

"Red Sox fans have longed to hear it: The Boston Red Sox are world champions!"

How cool is this!!

WU-HUUUUUUUUU!!

Ahem.

While I am out drinking champagne and partying my ass off, read this greeting card that I found under my windshield wiper the other day....


Dear Steve,

You better get some tissues to cry in, 'cause I'm about to get majorly sentimental on yo' ass...

I really just want to say "thank you". Not only because I feel like I have dumped on you big time these last couple of weeks, but because it's been really amazing getting to know you and spending time with you.

You've really helped me deal with all my stress at a time in my life when I felt like I was losing it, and you've done it by making me laugh, and making me think, and being such an amazing friend and confidante(sp?) as well as someone who makes me want to rip his clothes off (and mine too)...

Every time I talk to you, I feel "it", and I realize that THIS is what it is supposed to be like between two people who care about each other. It's supposed to be EASY, and you're not supposed to have to think about it. That's just how I feel when I am with you.

I've got baggage, and I know you do too, and I don't know what's going to happen between us. But I do know that no matter what happens you are going to make a girl really happy someday. And you know what? I really hope that girl is me!! (ok, stop freaking out, Mr. Commitment-phobe!)

Who can ask for more than what you have to offer? I mean you are good-looking, funny (always the comedian), smart, successful, and you don't like to show it, but you are a big softie deep down inside (I saw you tearing up at the end of "Field of Dreams", so don't even try denying it :) ).

I cherish our time together because you make me laugh, and make me relax, and you REALLY know how to show a girl a good time. You are charming and beautiful and intelligent and sexy and a million other things to me. There is no one else in the world who is just like you, Steve.

The things that used to get under my skin don't bother me anymore, because whatever it is, I know that I will have someone to talk to and "vent" to about it, and that you will listen, care, and understand.

Even if there is no solution to a problem, I still feel better knowing that I have someone to explain it to and that you are going through the same thing. Do you understand? Yeah, I thought you would understand...

And to top it all off, you've got really really good aim. You are just a regular William Tell!

I can't wait to see you tomorrow....

Love and kisses,
Steph