Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Aloha redux

Saturday, May 7, 2005, 11:30am
Steph's mother's house

Steph's mother is thrilled about the internship. As soon as she heard the news, she started arranging a party to celebrate.

Marti is a great mother. Every time I talk to her, she tells me how proud she is of her two kids, and how terrible it is that they don't have a father anymore. And whenever I am saying goodbye and handing the phone over to Steph, she always says the same thing: "Take care of my little girl!"

We got here early to help set up for the party. As soon as we walk in the door, a young man rushes over to us.

"HEYYYYY!" Steph says.

"Hey big sis!" They hug.

He's about 5'10", and he might be lanky, but I can't tell, because he's wearing at least three shirts, one of which is a button-down oxford that hangs to his knees. His jeans are straight out of Jared from Subway's "before" picture, belted somewhere around mid-thigh, with legs so big that I can't see his feet. I can't see most of his head, either, because he's got a wool knit cap pulled down past his eyebrows.

"Steve, this is my brother Robbie."

"Hey dude!" he says. His voice is higher than I expected. I know he's about 20, but he still sounds like a teenage boy. He shakes my hand, then pulls me in to him, bumping our shoulders together.

Why do I feel like I've just been initiated into a gang?

"How do you do, Rob?" I smile. With the way he looks, I'm just happy he didn't take my wallet or try to beat the shit out of me.

"Hello all!" Marti says, breezing in from the kitchen. She kisses Steph and me. "Robbie, go make yourself presentable." He rolls his eyes and stomps up the stairs.

12:00pm

Steph pulls me into the kitchen. "I have good news!" she says, giddily.

"JUST good news?"

"YES. You know that final I had in torts that was scheduled for the 20th?"

"Yeah."

"That class has two sections. The other section takes the final on Monday the 16th."

"Yeah...."

"The professor is a good friend of mine. She's also my advisor. So I begged and pleaded-"

"And she allowed you the privilege of taking your final four days before anyone else in your class?"

"Yes!!" she says, bouncing in her seat. "She says I'm crazy, but..."

"Why did you do it?"

"So I can go to Hawaii!"

"But what about all your other finals that week?"

"That's my last one! I don't HAVE any other finals that week!"

"Steph, this is awesome!"

"I KNOW! But, I HAVE to be back by the 23rd to start my internship."

"No problem. I'll make the arrangements through the travel department at work."

"I know it's kinda last minute, so if you want to go someplace else besides Hawaii.."

"Don't worry about a thing. I really appreciate you rearranging your schedule like that. Studying is gonna be hell!"

"Don't mention it! You're treating me to a Hawaiian vacation and spending God knows how much. I'M the one who should appreciate it!"

1:30pm

Guests start to arrive.

Steph has changed into a tight pair of jeans and striped shirt. I can't help but stare at her tight, curvy lower half every time she walks by.

Robbie is now wearing a pair of jeans that actually has a waistline, and I can see his feet. Of course, he's blasting System of a Down on his iPod so loudly that I can hear it across the room, but I guess I can't ask for much.

Steph introduces me to all of her aunts, uncles and cousins. "This is my boyfriend, Steve," she'll say, warmly, putting her hand on my shoulder. "He's taking me to Hawaii!" and Aunt Carol or Uncle Scott would "Oooh" and "Aahh" at the news.

I'm opening a can of soda when I feel a hand on my ass. "Hey sexy."

I turn around. Steph is already walking away, looking lustily at me from the corners of her eyes.

I'm filling up my plate with lasagna (of course). I feel a body up against my back: tits, firm yet somehow soft, against my shoulder blades, hips against my backside, a hand around my abdomen from behind. I am instantly stiff.

"Heyyy," she whispers in my ear. "I can't wait to be on the beach with you."

"Me neither."

"Are you getting a room with a hot tub?"

"You know it."

"I wanna go to the mall tomorrow. I have something I want to buy you for our trip. Well, it's for me but really for you."

"Victoria's Secret?"

"Mm-hmmmm," she smiles. "I wanna buy you something, too."

Just please don't make it a thong.

"Get a room, you two," Robbie says, trudging through the kitchen.

"We're working on it," I say. Steph giggles.

I'm coming out of the bathroom. Steph is walking down the hall towards me. She grabs me by the wrist, gazing up at me. She interlocks her fingers with mine and gently pushes me against the wall. Tits and hips, again. "I can't wait to see you naked later," she says softly.

"Very impatient today, aren't you?" I say. It's all I can manage. My pulse is racing, my breathing heavy and hot.

"Mm-hmmm. Very impatient."

"Let's go upstairs now."

"Noo-ooo!" she smiles. But her eyes dart around the room. She's thinking about it. "There's no lock on my door!"

"Now I REALLY want you," I say.

She looks around again. "Meet me upstairs in two minutes."