Monday, June 07, 2004

Brace yourself for.....NOTHING

I am reminded of the Monty Python sketch in which, well, NOTHING happens:

"June the 4th, 1973, was much like any other summer's day in Peterborough, and Ralph Mellish, a file clerk at an insurance company, was on his way to work as usual when --- (da dum!) Nothing happened!
(ominous chords)
Scarcely able to believe his eyes, Ralph Mellish looked down. But one glance confirmed his suspicions. Behind a bush, on the side of the road, there was no severed arm. No dismembered trunk of a man in his late fifties. No head in a bag. Nothing. Not a sausage."


You get the idea.

Anyway, when 2:30 rolled around today, I was ready for anything. I got, NOTHING.

Oh, Lila came in, all right, right on time, and was as sweet as pie. "Hi Steve, how was your weekend?" She said.

How was my weekend? DUH!

She was mailing out commissions today, and I just knew she was going to be alone with me in my office, having questions on some of them, and I wondered what would happen. Whenever she did commissions while we were dating, she used to wait until there was no one around, then stick her tongue in my ear, or grab my crotch, etc. That always got her in BIG trouble later that night ;-).

But this time, she was totally professional. She was in my office for 15 minutes, and it was all business. Thought I caught her looking really sad a couple of times out of the corner of my eye, but overall, nothing.

Either she is the most mature 17-year-old I've ever met, or she is biding her time, waiting to either piss me off big time, or try to reconcile. Or both.

OH!! Almost forgot! My failed attempt at a threesome! Stay tuned!!!