Friday, June 04, 2004

Mid-day ramblings

-Lila and I will be staying at the Hilton tonight - I booked the biggest suite they had available - used some points that I had, so it will only cost me a little...

-"Tommy", my coworker, is really starting to piss me off. Tommy hired me right out of college at his little (3 person) insurance company. He took a chance on an inexperienced kid, took care of me, taught me a lot, and paid me well. He started doing really badly, and I left to come here, and he sold out to one of the big guys (you've heard the name). Then he got downsized, and I persuaded Ross to hire him here.

Technically, we are both VP's, but I have seniority over the rest of the VP's in this office, and they all informally work for me. Even Tommy.

Tommy is doing a shitty job here lately, and Ross breaks my balls on a daily basis about it. "Do you know what your friend did today?" he will ask.

"So fire him," I will say. I mean, I don't want him to get fired, but what does Ross want me to say?

"If he gets fired, it's gonna be YOU who does it," Ross says.

"As soon as you pay me your salary, I'll do your job," I say. That's usually enough to shut a boss up. Ross and I get along great though, our banter is always very sarcastic, and we like to one-up each other.

Every time something goes wrong, Tommy runs in here whining. "We're fucked," he says. "We are FUCKED!!!"

So I drop what I am doing, investigate, and usually find out that it's the business equivalent of an untied shoelace.

I don't want to seem ungrateful for giving me my start, but Tommy is a constant fucking interruption in my work.

-Meeting Lila at Starbuck's at 5:30 (hopefully); from there we are riding to the restaurant (about an hour and a half away), then shopping, then sex (A.K.A., the reason I tolerate all the other boring bullshit we will be doing). I also plan on waking her up at 2:00am for another session - those are nice.

I wonder how many times I would have to do it before I wasn't horny upon waking up?